Friday, December 21, 2012

Broken-Wand



He was my first choice when I started playing this game. 2 energy / 2 health / 3 stamina / 80 gold. I went greedily for more energy, disregarding the benefits of gold, as one is bound to when one has played Mafia Wars for so long. It was a big mistake. Hum.. make that huge.

School of Wizardry items, creatures and properties are so expensive, it's not even funny. You need so much gold that I wonder if this game should be called monopoly.

Yes, with broken wand you can do lots of lessons, you can do lots of duel too, but man, oh man, don't count on him doing any good for your properties.  Where the other character generate rent income 24 times a day, he can only generate 18 times. It means that when you have all the properties, Broken-Wand will generate 12,393,000 a day when the two others will be generating 16,524,000. (gold intense characters can generate 24,786,000 a day, but unfortunately they are too expensive now)

I tried to calculate how much it would cost to play the last level of this game, Wizard. I'm not sure all my computations are correct and if I'm off, it's not by much. But my calculation were that I would need 302,440,000 to buy all the items in bulk. Not one by one. In bulk. But I guess now that the item loss is off the plate, it's doesn't sound so bad. (well you can deduct the fact that you would partially purchase some of the items on Sixth Year and Prefect level)

To sum it up, never having enough gold, and doing over and over again all the lessons long after third level mastery is completed is not a pretty sight. And really irritating. But again, they changed the game play, with no more item loss, you only have to buy enough items once. This is a huge pro for this character.

Also if you're in high levels, and done all the purchases you're suppose to make - Leveling up is not easy, duel is hardly an option since you'll usually get just 1 experience per stamina if, and only if you find someone you can beat - I guess then, Broken-Wand becomes a very fanciable alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment