Friday, December 21, 2012

Gifts



Gifts are a great way for a player to get Energy/Health/Stamina boosts in the game. The boosts give you 20% of your max stat of that item. Meaning if your maximum amount of energy is 100, using an energy boost will get you 20 energy points to use right away without having to wait for them. The sad part is that you can only receive one kind of boost every 24 hours. So if you received an energy boost in the last 24 hours, your name won't even appear on your friend's gift list for energy boosts.

Gifts are also great because you can gift some types of magic instead of doing a job just to get them. But there are only 8 you can choose from and some stronger ones like Imperio, require the recipient to have a certain level before it can be used in a Duel.

So, 8 magics to choose from, which one should you send? I'd say Imperio and Petrificus Totalus as they are the strongest ones in the list.

Since October 25th, every week there's a Weekly Limited Edition Gift. Sometimes it's worth sending it, sometimes not. If you receive 20 items of the current Weekly Limited Edition Gift, you'll get a 5% bonus on your TAP for the rest of the week.

How do I receive my gifts?/How do use my boosts?

You can send up to 60 gifts/boosts a day, limit imposed by Facebook, but you can receive an unlimited amount of gifts per day. The annoying thing is, you have to accept your gifts/boosts one by one manually. To accept your gifts/boosts go to the top of the page, click on "Home" (on the blue navigation bar from FB). This will take you to your Facebook home page. Now. look at the column to your right, you'll see a box called "Requests". You may or may not see "School of Wizardry Invitations". If you do, just click on it, it'll take your directly to your School of Wizardry gifts if  you have any awaiting acceptance. If you don't see School of Wizardry Invitations inside the request box, they might be under "other requests". Just click on the option and manually search through the page that loads for a blue wizard hat and you should find your gifts/boosts, if you have any.

If you got lost in the explanation above, this is the direct link to accept SoW gifts/boosts, provided that someone has already sent you something.

Once you find your pending SoW gifts/boosts, click on "Accept Your Gift/Accept Your *** Boost", this will take you to the SoW game home page and it should display a very self explanatory message. i.e.  "You received (insert gift you just accepted here) from (a very thoughtful member of your order :P). It has been added to your items."

If you get the white screen of the death instead of the SoW home page - don't do anything harsh. Just hit reload on your browser, and it usually loads the page like it's supposed to.

24 comments:

  1. How many gifts can people send a day? Is it related to anything (level, number in your order, whatever)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 Gifts/Invitations per day, per application (SoW is considered one application). Not related to anything you mentioned. The limit is actually set by Facebook for all applications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know if someone has sent you a gift and how do you receive them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Anonymous,

    I updated the post with the answer for your questions. I also provided a link where you can check for your gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a list of what all the magic gifts' values are, and what level you have to be to use them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    I would like to know why you don't recive hall passes for all the gifts you send. I asked people and thay say they accept all their gifts so I know I haven't recived hall passes. Can I get them somehow? Same thing with add friends to your order through mass add list. :( Why is it like this? I need my hall passes!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Facebook limits the amount of notifications an application can send and that's the reason you don't get hall passes for all the gifts you send.

    ReplyDelete
  8. C., Is there a way, such as in Mafia Wars, to give your specific items to another person? Not the ones from the gift page, but ones I've used or bought and no loner need? Or anything else that I can transfer? Maybe money?
    Thx,

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Sean - Nope, you can't gift items out of your inventory. And the only way to 'transfer' money is to withdrawal your money from the bank and have the recipient duel you to take your gold. If the other person is capable of beating you in a duel, of course.

    But someone else might attack you too during the 'transfer'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ William - What do you mean by "How do I use my gifts"? Do you mean in duels? They are automatically assigned by the computer in descending order when you duel someone and vice versa, assuming your level your high enough for you to be using them in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As of today, I can only send 8 gifts. This is the same for several other people. Maybe this will be a permanent change, although I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend gave me a Flower Spell. Then, a notification was there, but when I clicked the link, it redirected into the requests and there was nothig there. What's with it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Name Attack/Defense/Level Needed
    Stupefy 5/14
    Alohomora 8/13/46
    Legilimens 5/15/46
    Obliviate 15/10/60
    Petrificus T. 18/22/75
    Protego 17/11/82
    Evanesco 18/17/85
    Imperio 20/16/90

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another thing to note is that you will need 15 of the Erase Memory Charm(Oblivate) and Lock Picking Spell(Alohomora) spells in the Final Tier. These might also be good ones to gift out.

    Mesmerise(Stupefy) 10
    Lock Picking Spell(Alohomora) 15
    Mind Reading Charm(Legimens) 10
    Erase Memory Charm(Oblivate) 15
    Body-Binding Spell(Petrificus Totalus) 5
    Shield Charm(Protego) 5
    Vanishing Spell(Evanesco) 5
    Mind Control Curse(Imperio) 5

    ReplyDelete
  15. How to use a boost AGAIN? I have got a health boost, so what do i do to use it for another time?

    ReplyDelete
  16. because it says that, "You can receive unlimited boosts, but you can only use a given type of boost 5 times in a day"...So how to use it again?

    ReplyDelete
  17. if i receive a boost of some sort, where does it go if all my levels are already back up to full over time and where do these boosts go to...as i do not ever see them where i can click to use them if i want to

    ReplyDelete
  18. Same boat as Sharon. I receive boosts as gifts, but don't see them anywhere after accepting them. So, I've no idea how I can use these invisible boosts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The gifts I send to people are not going through to them. I have tried everything I could think of send them. I have "unlimited" checked. I send to all my players. One person in particular never gets them. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  20. How do you select the send unlimited gifts option? Where are the notifications you get when your gifts are accepted so that you can earn hall passes?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't find the gift of energy after I have accepted them. Where are they at in the game? I have waited till out of energy to accept and they did not give me more energy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've play for a while, and I do remember actually clicking on something to use the "boosts". I was off for a little while & now I cannot find where I need to go to USE a BOOST. How do I find or use the boosts I have accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can anyone answer me this question... What time of the day is the start and end of a SoW day... I want to except more gifts from friends (energy/health & such) and i am at my daily limit ~ when does a new day start????

    ReplyDelete